Former UFC welterweight Anthony Rocco Martin (18-6) was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault after allegedly threatening Florida police officers who responded to a dropped 911 call Dec. 21 in Bonita Springs .
Cageside Press first reported the incident late last week.
Martin, who pleaded not guilty to the assault charges, later posted $5,000 bond and was released from jail Dec. 22. The 33-year-old submission specialist has been issued a no contact order and will appear in Lee County Court on February 22. .
That’s according to a follow-up report from MMA Fighting.
Officers responding to the home found a woman crying in a black Ford Expedition, according to a police account attached to Martin’s arrest report. The woman, whose name MMA Fighting holds, said she “just wanted to leave”. Police then met Martin, who was believed to be inebriated and told deputies to ‘get off my fucking property now’. After being told of the investigation into the 911 call, he reportedly became aggressive, telling a deputy “I don’t care, and if you touch me, I’ll kick your ass.” He also shouted, “I hate cops and you can suck my dick.”
Martin was handcuffed after challenging a responding officer to a fight.
The UFC parted ways with Martin after 15 fights inside the Octagon, a move prompted by his unanimous decision loss to Neil Magny at the UFC 250 pay-per-view (PPV) event in June 2020. Martin has only appeared once in the years since, a submission victory over Tim Bazer at CES MMA 68 last May.
Martin has not yet commented.
#UFC #welterweight #charged #assault #alleged #threats #Florida #police