Three Things To Know is NBC’s five-day-a-week roundup of the previous night in the NBA. Check NBCSports.com every weekday morning to catch up on what you missed the night before, plus the gossip, drama and dunks that make the NBA a staple.
1) The Warriors are moving forward with Gary Payton II after all
Ultimately, the Warriors want Gary Payton II and want to move on from James Wiseman, so they went ahead with a four-team trade made at the deadline despite Payton failing his physical with the team.
However, at the request of the Warriors, the NBA league office will review the trade to see if the Trail Blazers misled the Warriors about Payton’s health prior to the trade.
Payton underwent abdominal surgery over the summer and, despite an initial schedule that saw him return for the regular season, missed the first 35 games of the season, hinting after his return that he will not still didn’t feel well. After their post-trade physique, the Warriors said Payton could be out for most of the rest of the season, still recovering from surgery. Because all of this was discovered after the trade deadline, the trade can’t be changed – either the Warriors just ignored the physical and allowed the trade to go ahead, or everyone went back in. its original teams. The Warriors chose to let the trade go.
Here’s how the trade shakes:
• Warriors receive: Gary Payton II
• Pistons receive: James Wiseman
• Trail Blazers receive: Kevin Knox, five future second-round picks
• Falcons receive: Saddiq Bey
Now the focus is on the NBA reviewing the situation, with the Trail Blazers denying wrongdoing.
2) Buyout Market Update: Jackson, Green and Ross Find New Homes
The buyout market after the NBA’s trading deadline is heating up, and while these deals rarely have the impact fans are hoping for, it can give teams some depth to get them through the rest of the regular season. . Here’s a quick buyout market update:
• Danny Green has agreed to a buyout with the Houston Rockets and opted to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
• Reggie Jackson – the point guard the Clippers traded to Charlotte at the deadline – has agreed to a buyout with the Hornets and will sign with the Nuggets.
• Terrence Ross finally came out of Orlando (he’s been on the trading block for over a year) and surprised some by rebuffing the Mavericks from signing with the Suns and joining Kevin Durant in Phoenix.
• Russell Westbrook should take his time choosing a new team after a possible takeover from Houston. The Bulls are considered the favorites, but others are in the game, including the Clippers.
3) Derrick White leads Celtics shorthanded past Grizzlies
Good teams find a way to win even when shorthanded.
The Celtics were without three of their top six rotation players on Sunday due to injuries – Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and Malcolm Brogdon – but earned a win over the Grizzlies with 23 points from Derrick White.
Derrick White scored 23 points to help a shorthanded Boston team hold off Ja Morant and the Memphis Grizzlies 119-109 on Sunday.
Sam Hauser had a career-high 20 points, knocking down six 3-pointers, and Al Horford added 16 points. That’s four straight wins for the Celtics.
Meanwhile, the Grizzlies have fallen to 11-17 on the road this season — they continue to struggle outside of the FedEx Forum. Morant led the Grizzlies with 25 points and seven assists.
Three things to know: Warriors move forward with Gary Payton II trade after it all originally appeared on NBCSports.com
#Warriors #ahead #Gary #Payton #trade